Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Why is there a fee to become a member and access the ice road trucking employment information?

Answer: The fee is to help us maintain our research, support and maintenance costs, which helps us to ensure all information, industry contacts and hiring trends are up to date and accurate.  The result is a members area with ice road trucking industry information that can be used to secure a job on the ice roads in a timely manner for ice road truck job seekers.

Question:  Can I really get a job using your members area?

Answer:  Our members area resources and hiring contacts are updated and verified each week.  Even though most of the contacts in our directory know us by name and, many of our staff members go out to meet their assistant managers and supervisors in-person to ensure that we as a firm maintain a strong foothold and one-on-one relationship with them which helps our ice road truck job site members when submitting their resume/c.v.  This makes our service superior to any ice road trucking job information site on or offline.

Question: Why is there both Alaskan and Canadian ice road truck job information?

Answer:  Because the Alaskan bush and the Northern Canadian Territories offer the largest network of ice roads during the winter season with the best pay and benefits for both first-time ice road truckers and returning veterans.

Question: Do ice road transportation companies offer training?

Answer:  Yes, the they do.  If you're a first time truck driver on the ice roads, they do offer on-site training programs in addition to paid programs that you can take all paid for my the prospective employer.  They can last up to two months and you may take the courses near their offices or in your region.  When you are licensed or certified, you'll be put on the schedule.

Question:  Would a regular Commercial Driver's License in my home country be o.k. to get a job on the ice roads?

Answer: Yes, any Commercial Driver's License will be acceptable.  As long as you have experience driving a truck, regardless of it is a delivery, dump truck or big rig, you will be eligible for an ice road trucking position.

Question:  Is actual ice road training needed in order to secure a job on the ice roads?


For the Experience Truck Driver - Again, as long as you have a commercial drivers license, regardless of which country you are from, you will be eligible to drive on the ice roads.  Although, the company you work for may want you to ride with an experience ice road trucker on your first couple of runs during your first week.

For The Inexperienced Truck Driver - If you're looking to become an ice road trucker, all that is needed is for you to express your interest in becoming through a formal inquiry with the prospective employer.  They will then pay for your commercial truck driving training program in your home area.  When you complete it, inform them and they will assign you an ice road to run.  A partner is usually assigned for all recently licensed commercial truck drivers for the first 2-3 weeks on the ice roads.

Question:  Do I need my own insurance?

Answer:  No, you do not need your own insurance when driving the ice roads.  The transportation company will cover you, so regardless if you are involved in an accident, have caused damage to the vehicle, get a flat tire, break down, or cannot deliver the goods on time, insurance and road assistance service will cover you.

Question:  How long is the ice road trucking season?

Answer:  The ice road trucking season is about 2-3 months (8 to 10 weeks) from late November to Mid-January but may last few weeks longer depending on how far north your runs will be.  During this time frame, much of the Article Circle is in complete darkness for almost a full 24 hour day.  This is also the best time to see the full depth of the Northern Lights.

Question:  Are my transportation expenses covered to and from the ice road trucking hub?

Answer:  Yes, most transportation companies will pay for your travel expenses to and from the transportation companies deliver and pick-up points, including airfare, hotels, food, gas and any other expenses you may.  Just keep your receipts and give them to your employer.

Question:  What if I am a non-resident of Canada and the U.S.?

Answer:  It doesn't matter at all if you are a foreigner looking to secure a job on the ice roads in Alaska or Canada, as job opportunities are open to all as long as they have commercial truck driving experience.  When you receive your employment approval letter by certified mail, you will then present that to the U.S. or Canadian embassy in your home country so that you may get a VISA.  With that VISA, you will then be able to head over the Alaska or Canada, depending on which ice roads you're looking to drive.

Question:  On average, how much will I earn as an ice road truck driver?

Answer:  That all depends a few factors.  However, you can expect to earn as little as $20k and up to $40k your first season.  If you are a returning ice road trucker with actual ice road trucking experience, you'll make anywhere from $40k to $90k on average, depending on the ice roads you drive, the trucking companies you work for what region.

Question: Is it really possible for me to secure a work contract in Alaska or Canada?

Answer:  Yes, it absolutely is.  At any given time, trucking companies have around a 40% to 60% vacancy rate which remains in effect until the ice road trucking season starts.  They will even overstaff just to ensure to give drivers time to rest and ensure safe delivery of the goods and supplies that are being transported.  There are hundreds of ice road trucking firms desperate to find drivers to make their deliveries in the remote, isolated regions throughout Alaska and Canada.

Question:  What type of rigs or trucks will I be driving?

Answer: This all depends on the transportation company you work for.  You could be hauling trees, fuel, food, supplies, sand, concrete, anything.  Most of the time though it will be fuel, food, water, clothing and various equipment.

Question:  How long are the ice roads I will be making my runs on?

Answer: The length of the ice road will depend on the region you're working in and where you're going to.  The ice roads range anywhere from 1 mile up to 100 miles.  There are currently about 1400km of ice roads through the Northwest Territories in Canada, and about 2200 all weather highways.  The most northern Canadian ice road connects the townships of Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk on the Beaufort Sea.  There is winter supply route for four Northwest Territories mines.  There are many networks of winter supply routes that snake through near rivers, towns, lakes and bays in both Alaska and Canada.  Many drivers will head up the Dalton highway in Alaska where it ends in Deadhorse.  Then truckers must embark on one of series of ice roads to deliver their load to some of the North Americans largest oil fields.

Click Here to Sign Up For Our Penny Stock Service 

Home | About Us | Our Service | Member Sign-Up

Member Login Area | The Industry | F.A.Q.'s

Our Guarantee | Contact Us

  All Rights Reserved |  Legal Disclaimer